OC Fair & Event Center Press Credential Policy and Request Form
The following outlines the Press Credential Policy for select events at the OC Fair & Event Center. For events not listed below please contact the promoter directly as listed on the online Events Calendar.
- OC Fair (including special ticketed events) - July/August
- New Year's Eve Block Party - December 31
- Youth Expo - Mid-April
Press credentials will only be issued through the Communications Department. Please read the full policy before submitting a request for press credentials.
For live television opportunities, please contact the Communications Department
directly at (714) 708-1543 or commdept [at] ocfair [dot] com.
For promotional or private video shoots, please contact the Event Sales & Services Department
directly at (714) 708-1572 or submit a Book an Event Request Form.
For media access at the weekly Food Truck Fare events or the year-round Centennial Farm, please contact the Communications Department directly at (714) 708-1543 or commdept [at] ocfair [dot] com.
Press credentials for the summer OC Fair only grant general access to the Fair; Pacific Amphitheatre or any other areas not open to general admission public require a separate credential.
Credentials for other ticketed events will be issued separately from those issued for the Fair. All credentials will be issued for individual shows, subject to criteria established by the artist, artist management, and the venue. Approved reviewers for any Pacific Amphitheatre show will receive one (1) seat. Photo passes for any Pacific Amphitheatre show does not include a seat to the show.
All persons representing media organizations must request OC Fair & Event Center Press Credentials and privileges before access will be granted to the grounds or events.
Please agree to the following terms and submit an online request in order to be considered for press credentials.
We request that those requesting and receiving press credentials adhere to the following:
- It is at the discretion of the Communications Department to determine if a press credential will be issued.
- It is at the discretion of the Communications Department if media will need to be escorted while on the property.
- Press credentials may only be used to cover OC Fair & Event Center events as a news assignment.
- Press credentials are valid for gate admission. Complimentary parking for press will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Admission is only valid for the individual who is issued the credential.
- All press credentials are numbered and issued to an individual or specific editor. Assignment editors and photo editors will be issued credentials to be distributed to their staff at their discretion.
- Press credentials used for purposes other than to conduct work at the OC Fair & Event Center events will be revoked. This includes unauthorized persons using credentials.
Press Credentials for freelance reporters/photographers will be issued with the following documentation:
- a valid “working press” photo identification or
- a photocopy of a recognized law enforcement agency press identification or
- provide proof of assignment from a news organization, such as a letter on letterhead from a news director, editor or similar authority.
A copy of the publication or news broadcast may be requested.
No business cards or by-lined articles will be accepted.
The press credential policy for the OC Fair & Event Center and its events is necessary to:
- accommodate working press quickly and efficiently;
- ensure that only working press receive credentials;
- protect visitors from being approached by representatives working on commercial projects or unauthorized persons who present themselves as journalists to the public; and to
- assist Fair personnel in identifying reporters cleared for access and press privileges.
Requests for media access must be submitted 48 hours or longer before any requested date or special event. Thank you.